SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS OF SERVICE
We respect everyone's right to free speech, however, we do not allow certain forms of conduct which cultivates online hate through social media.
The Hemet Police Department maintains a social media program for the purpose of engaging and interacting with our community, providing relevant and timely community news, information and events, distribution of crime prevention and public safety tips, for urgent notifications of critical incidents which may affect residents, business owners and visitors of the city of Hemet, and for those people having an interest in the Hemet Police Department.
NOT A PUBLIC FORUM
For purposes of this policy, a social media platform is the website or app offered to the public to provide audio, video, still-photo or written communication between other members of the public and/or representatives of certain groups, businesses, organizations or departments. Examples of social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, website blogs with commenting capabilities, forums and emergency notification services.
The definition of content as used in this policy refers to any written copy, photos, graphics, videos, live-video streams, comments or any form of communicative content exchanged between parties.
EMERGENCY OR NON-EMERGENCY REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE
In the event you post information related to a crime, you may be placing yourself in a position of becoming a witness and subject to being subpoenaed into court.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any Hemet Police Department social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the Hemet Police Department, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Hemet Police Department .
MODERATION OF CONTENT
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party;
- Harassment or content which constitutes and/or facilitates stalking;
- Content which violates the right to privacy;
- Encouragement of violence;
- Repetitive content;
- Comments which may reasonably interfere with, inhibit, or compromise law enforcement investigations, police tactics, police responses to incidents and/or the safety of police staff and officers;
- Posts or comments that contain any external links;
- Personally identifiable medical information.
The department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the department.
DENIAL OF ACCESS
FACEBOOK COMMUNITY OF STANDARDS
THE TWITTER RULES
INSTAGRAM COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
YOUTUBE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
PINTEREST COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
LINKEDIN USER AGREEMENT
READY TO APPLY?
READY TO APPLY?
If you are up to the challenge and want to join the Hemet Police Department, then complete an application today.